Skip to main content

Dear My "Prince Charming"

Dear My "Prince Charming,"
I know I'm young, currently the sweet age of 16, but I have words for you. I don't know when you'll be entering my life, or if you already have. I don't know your name, your favorite color, your shoe size, or even what kind of hair you have. I do know, that when I find you, you will be everything I need, and everything I don't need. You'll win my heart, but it's not going to be a easy task. I've lived long enough to know that wearing my heart on my sleeve gets me nowhere, therefore, I will not be a easy girl to win over. I would love to hope that you will always love me forever, because forever is a long time, and I'm not the easiest person to be with. I would hope that as the years go on, and our children grow up, that we will still find things we love about each other. After all, that is the key to staying in love. Finding something you love about them each day, that is. I know times won't always be perfect, I'm stubborn a lot of times, but please remember that I will always love you. I will try my hardest to be the best person I can be for you, everyday. You, my "Prince Charming," deserve the best, and I want to be the best for you. Please always have patience, because patience is a virtue. Please always love God, pray often, and be the worthy man I need. I'm excited to find you. I know I'm young, and I still have a LOT of life yet to live, but I need to feel like you're out there some where. I know you are. Please make wise decisions so that one day, we will meet. I love you already my "Prince Charming,"
please do not be fooled.
Sincerely,
Shelby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha

Exhaustion

It's been almost a year since I blogged and honestly I haven't felt the need to write as much since I was in high school. I look back at how consistent I was in my blogging and I really like the person I used to be. I tell people all the time that the prime of my life was when I was in high school.  My life now consists of being exhausted 100% of the time. Even though it's summer, I still find myself teaching summer school, collaborating with my new team, and then being a full-time graduate student at night. I should probably mention that my classroom is a disaster and those plans I had for the perfect pirate classroom are slowly fading as the hours go on. You hear people all the time talking about how their life isn't going according to plan and I am among those people. I never imagined that I would be 25 years old, going into my 5th year teaching, a graduate student at BYU, single, and as exhausted as I am. I hope you know that I don't use the word exhausted li

Snapshot of Character

Well, It's late and I seem to always have more thoughts in my head the later at night it gets. Being home is a different feeling and I didn't realize how much I missed home until I was actually back home (if that makes any sense). There is comfort in sleeping in my own bed, being able to call my best friend and know she's not far away, hearing Dylan yell at his xbox , driving my own car, and being able to see the boyfriend whenever I feel like it. It is always nice to have a vacation, though. Now let's get to the good stuff. I have been thinking a lot lately about how we are defined as a person. I define myself in many ways: short, blonde , loyal, honest, Mormon, snorter(the laughing kind, not the drug kind), and willing. Then I had the question in my mind, "How do people define me?" Hopefully by most I have been defined accurately and not by simple judgement. I heard once by a speaker at a leadership conference that people determine character through snapshot