Skip to main content

Oh Buddy.

It is Sunday night, and I am looking at this upcoming week with eyes full of excitement, and wonder. I wonder what is in store for this simple girl, in this crazy world. Today in church I learned about being a peacemaker in the home. This is one of my many flaws, arguing with my younger brother. As he is reaching his teenage years, I am scared to death because he is finally starting to hold his own. He can fight, and so can I. Being your typical "Forsyth" we are both so stubborn. I love him to death, and I am working this week on being a peacemaker. Here are some things I have learned this past week.

1. Having a heart-to-heart conversation with Cal, my older brother, was much easier than I thought it could be. Okay, we were texting, But HEY it's a start. I feel like the older we both get, the more we are starting to need eachother. I enjoyed actually taking to him, and it made me wish we talked more., because it was so easy.

2. I CAN live without Diet Coke. I have been Diet Coke sober for about 6 days now, and I am STILL living. The first few days I got headaches, but I have been fine since! This is all new for me, and I have to admit that the only negative to drinking water all the time is the constant trips to the restroom. :S

3. I miss baseball. This week I attended 2 baseball games, and loved each minute. I mean, come on, with good friends and good action, baseball is the perfect sport.

4. My dad can SING! He sang tonight at this church event, and he did a fantastic job. He always has sang, and now the whole world (well, some of the world) knows it. I am so proud of him and his talent, and courage to sing in front of all those people.

5. Count your blessings. I love sitting back, and thinking of how blessed I am. I think you should take a moment and think about them too!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha...

Knowing thy IMPACT

One day I'll get around to sharing the story about how I applied for and got my new job. I have to say that it most certainly is 100% credited to my Heavenly Father and his plan for my life. Often we don't see the things we need in life until things are put into our path that lead us in a different direction. For the purpose of this post I wanted to share some thoughts being on the outside of the beginning of a new school year. This is mostly for my teacher friends and those who start teaching this year so if you get bored, please do yourself a favor and stop reading. Being a teacher is a tough gig. Daily we make thousands of split-second decisions and impact people in ways we will never fully know the extent of. John Hattie once said, "know thy impact." Each day you'll strive to be better than the day before. You'll hope and pray that your babies (students) will learn something more than just "things." We'll hope and pray that they learn how t...

COVID

The world of COVID-19 has been a world I never imagined possible. While this time has taken away so many things I am grateful for the things it has given me. I've found my new normal and for someone who loves structure that has been a huge relief. I don't feel the need to do as much. I don't feel as rushed. I dropped my ipad on the tile today and cracked the screen pretty badly and I didn't even cry. Things have become things and my trips to Target don't seem as crucial anymore. I've been sewing. I thank my grandmas and my aunts for their love of sewing that is now ingrained on my heart. I watch a lot of TV. I do a lot of cooking. Who knew?