Skip to main content

Trials and Tears.


Bad days are bad and bad weeks are even worse. I think i'm at this point where I'm really starting to miss home so everything else seems to be falling apart. Things such as the bathroom door breaking off, hitting my head on the freezer door, having long days at work, and getting used to being around 5 other girls is a LOT of work. Okay, don't get me wrong. I LOVE my roommates. I adore each and every one of them but my whole life I've grown up with brothers so being around this many girls all the time is an adjustment for sure. So even though things aren't going the greatest, I still am so lucky. I feel like these trials are strengthening my testimony of Christ each and every day because I know he is always there for me and he has been through much, much worse. The fact about trials is we don't get to choose them. Sometimes we bring them upon ourselves by the decisions and choices we make, but most of the time trials hit us and it's hard to understand why. We struggle, we ache, we get sick, we lose our faith, we have a bad day at work, we say mean things, we lose sight of the positive things in life and end up focusing on the negative. What an awful place to be in life. Sometimes all we need is to just sit back and focus on the now. Today is a great day. It is full of beauty, love, and joy. The trick is, the day will be whatever you make it to be. Focus on the positive, let go of the negative, and enjoy the life you are given. Pray often and I promise trials will get easier and your burdens will be lighter. Strengthen those around you with love and compassion. Be the good in the world, and make each day better than the day before. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha...

Knowing thy IMPACT

One day I'll get around to sharing the story about how I applied for and got my new job. I have to say that it most certainly is 100% credited to my Heavenly Father and his plan for my life. Often we don't see the things we need in life until things are put into our path that lead us in a different direction. For the purpose of this post I wanted to share some thoughts being on the outside of the beginning of a new school year. This is mostly for my teacher friends and those who start teaching this year so if you get bored, please do yourself a favor and stop reading. Being a teacher is a tough gig. Daily we make thousands of split-second decisions and impact people in ways we will never fully know the extent of. John Hattie once said, "know thy impact." Each day you'll strive to be better than the day before. You'll hope and pray that your babies (students) will learn something more than just "things." We'll hope and pray that they learn how t...

COVID

The world of COVID-19 has been a world I never imagined possible. While this time has taken away so many things I am grateful for the things it has given me. I've found my new normal and for someone who loves structure that has been a huge relief. I don't feel the need to do as much. I don't feel as rushed. I dropped my ipad on the tile today and cracked the screen pretty badly and I didn't even cry. Things have become things and my trips to Target don't seem as crucial anymore. I've been sewing. I thank my grandmas and my aunts for their love of sewing that is now ingrained on my heart. I watch a lot of TV. I do a lot of cooking. Who knew?