Skip to main content

Small Miracles and Eternal Blessings

A lot of people may wonder why I blog. You might think it's lame, a waste of time, not worth it, or even silly. For all of you thinking that, you might as well stop reading now. When I blog I write a small piece of my heart. Most of the time this is a part of me that doesn't seem to make sense anywhere else except when I type. Tonight I am going to be real and really honest with each one of you, including myself. Life is constantly changing. No two days are exactly the same even though you may feel like your life is just constant repetition. In the world today people are faced with temptations and challenges daily. You may find yourself praying and pleading with God and you may feel like you are not receiving any answers. You may be struggling with the future, with your job, with your family, with sickness, with your friends, or even with your faith. I am speaking today to all religions. No matter who you are, no matter what your circumstance, no matter what church you go to, no matter if you are big or small, ALL of you have been given the simple miracle to be alive. God created this Earth. God created you. You were sent to this earth because God knew that you could do it. He knew and he knows that you are a divine human being. You were sent here for a purpose. You were given the ability to choose the life you want to live. You do not always get to pick your struggles or your challenges, you were however, given the heart and soul to react to those things by your doing. There are small miracles all around you. Jesus healed the sick, blessed the children, raised the dead, and even walked on water. There are so many small miracles in your life, I promise you. You have to notice those miracles. Notice when the sun shines, notice when you make a good grade on a test, notice when you are laughing, notice when you are smiling, just notice. All of these are simple miracles God has placed in your life. Always remember that he is on your side. He wants good things in life for you. He has faith in you, he always has. Thank him for those miracles, be strong, and know that no matter what someone is always on your side. I cannot express enough to you my love for our Savior. I know in my heart that he died on that cross for me, and for you. I know that we are lucky enough to have small miracles in our life. I know that I am never alone. I am so eternally grateful for his presence in my life. I am so blessed to know the things I know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha...

Knowing thy IMPACT

One day I'll get around to sharing the story about how I applied for and got my new job. I have to say that it most certainly is 100% credited to my Heavenly Father and his plan for my life. Often we don't see the things we need in life until things are put into our path that lead us in a different direction. For the purpose of this post I wanted to share some thoughts being on the outside of the beginning of a new school year. This is mostly for my teacher friends and those who start teaching this year so if you get bored, please do yourself a favor and stop reading. Being a teacher is a tough gig. Daily we make thousands of split-second decisions and impact people in ways we will never fully know the extent of. John Hattie once said, "know thy impact." Each day you'll strive to be better than the day before. You'll hope and pray that your babies (students) will learn something more than just "things." We'll hope and pray that they learn how t...

COVID

The world of COVID-19 has been a world I never imagined possible. While this time has taken away so many things I am grateful for the things it has given me. I've found my new normal and for someone who loves structure that has been a huge relief. I don't feel the need to do as much. I don't feel as rushed. I dropped my ipad on the tile today and cracked the screen pretty badly and I didn't even cry. Things have become things and my trips to Target don't seem as crucial anymore. I've been sewing. I thank my grandmas and my aunts for their love of sewing that is now ingrained on my heart. I watch a lot of TV. I do a lot of cooking. Who knew?