Skip to main content

A Whole New World

Today has been a day where I have done a lot of reflecting on 2011. Yes, I know it's over now, but looking back I would have to say 2011 was one of the most memorable years of my life. Some of those memories were good like graduating from High School, spending my summer in Utah, falling in love, trying sushi, buying a leather jacket, starting college, and watching time fly by. Some of those memories are hard to talk about like losing my grandma, suffering from a terrible broken heart, watching my first job close down, and learning that life gets harder the older I seem to get. Last year was a year full of growing up, becoming tougher, finding that all my strength lies in Christ, learning to love myself, and forgiveness. As I reflected I found myself becoming sad and confused for some reason so I did what I normally do when life doesn't make sense and I turned on my laptop and started writing this. Goodbye, 2011. Hello, 2012. Now is the time where I make those resolutions I make every single year. Most of them I actually follow through on, so we shall see how I do this year.
1. Find myself willing and open to love more. The best way to love someone else is to love yourself FIRST.
2. Be a better person. I want to be a better person. I am striving to be a better person. This year I will not lose myself again. My happiness does not and will not come only from others.
3. Try something new. I am open to suggestions.
4. Strive for greatness in all that I do.
5. Don't let time stop you from doing those things and being with those you love. You can always make time for the important things in life.
6. I want to end with the most important. This year I will live a more Christ-like life. I will forgive, I will love, I will serve, and I will strive daily to bring myself closer to Christ.

To be honest, I am scared of 2012. Today is the first day of the rest of my life and at times I feel like that's a lot of pressure. I know I can do this. I know that you can do this. Today is YOUR day. You've got what it takes, now go out and win (:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha...

Knowing thy IMPACT

One day I'll get around to sharing the story about how I applied for and got my new job. I have to say that it most certainly is 100% credited to my Heavenly Father and his plan for my life. Often we don't see the things we need in life until things are put into our path that lead us in a different direction. For the purpose of this post I wanted to share some thoughts being on the outside of the beginning of a new school year. This is mostly for my teacher friends and those who start teaching this year so if you get bored, please do yourself a favor and stop reading. Being a teacher is a tough gig. Daily we make thousands of split-second decisions and impact people in ways we will never fully know the extent of. John Hattie once said, "know thy impact." Each day you'll strive to be better than the day before. You'll hope and pray that your babies (students) will learn something more than just "things." We'll hope and pray that they learn how t...

COVID

The world of COVID-19 has been a world I never imagined possible. While this time has taken away so many things I am grateful for the things it has given me. I've found my new normal and for someone who loves structure that has been a huge relief. I don't feel the need to do as much. I don't feel as rushed. I dropped my ipad on the tile today and cracked the screen pretty badly and I didn't even cry. Things have become things and my trips to Target don't seem as crucial anymore. I've been sewing. I thank my grandmas and my aunts for their love of sewing that is now ingrained on my heart. I watch a lot of TV. I do a lot of cooking. Who knew?