Skip to main content

Light of the World

There is a darkness that is covering the world. That darkness is evil and full of envy, hate, cruelty, lust, wicked desires, and anything that is worldly. Imagine that you are laying in your bed and it's nighttime. Everything is dark and the shadows of your dresser, nightstand, door, and other various items in your room can barely be seen. Though they can barely be seen, you still know that no matter what they are always there. Now compare this scene to your life. This world is the darkness, the various items you can hardly see are God, Jesus Christ, Holy Ghost, attending church, watching good movies, listening to uplifting music, and everything else that is not of this world. You know that those good things are always there and that they always will be, but sometimes through the darkness these things are hard to be seen and we often forget that in this world there actually are good things. When your life is covered in darkness and hope seems to be lost I give you the simple message to turn on the light. Turn on the goodness and turn on the great things this world has to offer. Now I'd like to bring you back to the light. Today is Christmas Eve and there is hardly a better day to celebrate light than on the day before we celebrate the birth of our dear Savior, Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the light of the world. He is pure, loving, honest, caring, charitable, willing, and loving. There is no greater love than a man that lay his life down for his friends. Jesus Christ is the perfect example of how we should live in every aspect of life. He is the best teacher, the greatest friend, and the light in the darkness. As you find yourself preparing for the wonderful day filled with gifts, family, and friends, I have a prayer in my heart that you remember the true meaning of CHRISTmas and never take the love our Savior has for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dearest Utah

My dear sweet Utah, What an amazing three weeks you've given me. You always will be my home away from home and I will always be grateful for my summers spent with you. Utah, you teach me a lot every single time I'm with you, and this year you've given me much to be thankful for. You have taught me that family is never that far away. You have taught me that life in itself gives great challenges, but those challenges make me stronger. You have taught me that one of my most favorite things is seeing my grandparents hold hands while walking together. You have taught me that the mountains are the most beautiful place in the world. You have taught me that the stars are so much brighter when you are actually looking for them. You have taught me how much I am blessed to have such amazing friends back home. You have taught me that it's okay not to look your best every day. You have taught me that Law & Order: SVU is a slight addiction shared by my cousins and myself. You ha...

Knowing thy IMPACT

One day I'll get around to sharing the story about how I applied for and got my new job. I have to say that it most certainly is 100% credited to my Heavenly Father and his plan for my life. Often we don't see the things we need in life until things are put into our path that lead us in a different direction. For the purpose of this post I wanted to share some thoughts being on the outside of the beginning of a new school year. This is mostly for my teacher friends and those who start teaching this year so if you get bored, please do yourself a favor and stop reading. Being a teacher is a tough gig. Daily we make thousands of split-second decisions and impact people in ways we will never fully know the extent of. John Hattie once said, "know thy impact." Each day you'll strive to be better than the day before. You'll hope and pray that your babies (students) will learn something more than just "things." We'll hope and pray that they learn how t...

COVID

The world of COVID-19 has been a world I never imagined possible. While this time has taken away so many things I am grateful for the things it has given me. I've found my new normal and for someone who loves structure that has been a huge relief. I don't feel the need to do as much. I don't feel as rushed. I dropped my ipad on the tile today and cracked the screen pretty badly and I didn't even cry. Things have become things and my trips to Target don't seem as crucial anymore. I've been sewing. I thank my grandmas and my aunts for their love of sewing that is now ingrained on my heart. I watch a lot of TV. I do a lot of cooking. Who knew?