Skip to main content

late night, can't sleep

It's 11:40 at night, and I can't seem to fall asleep. I hate the nights where you just lay in bed and your mind just won't quit. Sleep is a natural occurrence for me and without it I can tend to be a tad bit emotional. I was laying down thinking of what it'll be like to be a mother. I know this sounds insane to you, but to me it's normal. I have been blessed with amazing women in my life. From my strong-willed mother, my two fantastic grandmothers, numerous church leaders, and my beautiful cousins, I consider myself lucky. Some don't appreciate the blessing it is to be a woman. I know the cramps are icky and the cleaning is awful, but we are blessed. Each woman in my life has taught me that being a woman is more than just the typical. It's EVERYTHING else! It's the way a grandmothers eyes light up when they see a grandchild who has strayed away walk through the doors of church on a Sunday morning. It's the way a mother knows when something is wrong even through the phone. It's the way life captures my heart and soul. It's the way I see things, the way I feel things. It's different, it's unique, it's simple. It's the hope all the 50 year couples gives me. Nothing is more beautiful than a woman who shows her beauty not through her face, but through her actions and her grace.

To the sleepless this is my reply..

Comments